Thursday, June 4, 2009

Polymer Play Days - AMAZING 6 days


So... what did we have for total - 6 days, 6 teachers, 1 polymer play days event, 1 flight from Tel-Aviv to London and back, 2 coaches, 3 classes, 3 groups, 1 robbin hood & castle, and a great swap "Raffle party" with fish n' chips!

Oh my, did i had a good time, these were AMAZING 6 days, full of happy experiences, Adrenalin and energy, smiles & laughs, good food, claying joy, and all the best superlatives i can give!

I got to Heathrow on Thursday after 5.5 hours flight and took a coach to Nottingham where Helen waited for me together with Donna Kato, who arrived earlier; I took my things and went to rest so i can be fresh the next day getting organized for the workshop.
The next day we arranged goodie bags, sorted out the Kato clay which was provided to the students and had a sunny and fun day, the weather was smiling at us all weekend!

Saturday was THE day, we started our workshops and every student took 2 classes per day, we had students from all over Europe: Germany, Italy, France, Greece, Russia, Estonia, All UK, Norway, Spain and Israel. they were all so nice! I met some of my favorite virtual (flickr or blogs) friends, so happy to meet them in person finally!

These 3 days were like a dream, i enjoyed every minute! I was surprised to see how many people love millefiori flowers and that I can open up a whole new world to them!

On the last day we had a beads swap & "raffle party" - that was such fun! Dani was hilarious!

Thank you all for making this event possible - to dear Helen Cox who planned and organized every thing perfectly, to my colleague teachers: Donna, Alison, Sylvie, Natalia and Dani, to all my students who were so kind to me and letting me know how much they enjoyed my class!

Make lots of flower canes and paint your world in colors!
Kisses and hugs :)

Photos are here:


and here

8 comments:

  1. Hello Iris,

    You make such a good work. I wonder if I will ever be able to do such a nice work with polymerclay...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a good flight back Iris ;)I'm still marvelling at my flowers ;0

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased to see that your Polymer Play Days were a great success. The pictures of the event are splendid and make me wish I'd been there. I went to Polymer Play Days last year and enjoyed it thoroughly.

    You wrote: “ I was surprised to see how many people love millefiori flowers and that I can open up a whole new world to them!” I am so pleased to see your work is being appreciated and contributes to enriching the lives of others.

    Warm regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you all ladies :) i enjoyed meeting some of you and thank you for your comments!
    hope to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Iris! I am sooo happy, that I finally met you, and I hope to see you again some day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Iris, I am still fascinated by your work and the canes we made in your class. Hope you are all right. I had a look at your photos and I am so glad that there are several of our group B during classes. Thanks againg for everything. Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iris,

    Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. That's true that this event was so amazing. I was really happy to meet you and follow your class. I enjoyed learning how to make 2 of your so lovely flowers in millefiori. I hope to meet you again and have another opportunity to follow your class.
    Warm regards,

    Sophie from France
    Les bijoux de Bull
    http://creabull.canalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much for a wonderful weekend!
    I was super nice meetings, learned lots of new techniques and
    I both laughed
    תודה Iris
    A tout bientôt
    chmoutchSSS
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete